Forfeits, Cancellations & Refund Policy
In an effort to protect all league teams, I PLAY FOR NYC will strictly enforce the below policies with regards to forfeits, cancellations, registration and refunds.
1. There is NO rescheduling of games after 48 hours of the match schedule being posted.
2. If you forfeit a game with a no call/no show at any point during the season, you will be fined $50. Payment of the fine will be deferred to league registration for the next season. This applies to a no-call or a call less than 1 hour before the game.
3. If you forfeit two games in a season, in order to re-register for another I PLAY FOR NYC season you will have to pay $100 fee upon entering the league again. If you forfeit for a third time, you can be dismissed from the current season and may not be permitted to return the following season.
4. Forfeits must be communicated as early as possible to the NYC League Commissioner so that opponents and referees can be informed. Teams are encouraged to contact the NYC League Commissioner before 4:00pm the day of their game if they will be forfeiting. (Phone: (501) 554-4592, Email: email@example.com)
5. All registration fees must be paid 10 days prior to the first game, or you will not be scheduled and your game will be forfeited.
6. If a team registered for an upcoming I Play For NYC soccer league would no longer like to participate, an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org must be made 10 days before the first game of the season. If this isn't done, no refund will be issued. If a team registers for the league within 10 days of the season starting, all fees paid are non-refundable.
Rules of Competition
All soccer matches will follow the rules listed here:
Warning: Every player must sign the I PLAY FOR NYC Liability Waiver in order to participate (included with online registration). Please have your team members apply online or arrive early to your first game to complete.
While I PLAY FOR NYC encourages and promotes Fair Play and Safety, participation in our League can cause injuries and you must play at your own risk.
9 players vs. 9 players (8 Field Players and a Goalkeeper)
Maximum of 18 players
3. Game Length:
Games will consist of two (2), twenty-five (25) minute halves, with a rest period of no more than three (3) minutes. The clock for the matches will start at the posted game time and according to the officials watch.
There is NO offside rule
May kick, punt, drop-kick, or throw the ball in the air past half-field
Are allowed to slide inside his/her own goal box
Can hold the ball in their hands for six (6) seconds. A violation will result in a free-kick from the spot of the goalkeeper to the opposing team, unless it is closer than 8 yards from the goal, in which case the ball will be moved back to 8 yards from the goal line.
6. Field Players:
Are NOT allowed to slide-tackle
All free kicks are direct. A wall is permitted, but must be 8 yards from the spot of the ball.
Are taken in accordance with FIFA laws of the game
9. Minimum Players and Forfeitures:
The first game of the night there will be 10-minute grace period before the start of the game to allow players coming from work, etc.
All other games will start at the time scheduled
Teams must have a minimum of 6 players to start the game, if 6 players are not available to start the game, the game is forfeited. Both teams can still choose to play the game, but the opposing team will receive the points for winning the match.
10. Each team is responsible for providing a game ball
11. Each team should have a dark and light jersey in case a conflict arises.
12. Regular Season point scoring:
3 Points for Win
1 Point for Tie
0 Points for Loss
Forfeit results in 3-0 win for opposing team
No extra-time or penalties in regular season
13. Regular Season Standings:
14. Playoffs and Finals:
In the result of a tie there will be kicks taken from the penalty spot
Kicks from the penalty spot will be taken in accordance with FIFA laws of the game
15. Protesting a rule/result:
The Referee's decision is final
Any protests regarding a match must be made within a half an hour of the competition ending with an opposing captain or referee.
All protests must then be submitted in writing within 48 hours via email, NYCommissioner@StreetSoccerUSA.org.
If a player/team would like to appeal a decision they must do so in writing and accompany the appeal with a $25 check (payable to Street Soccer USA) or make a payment via streetsoccerusa.org
16. Any player injured or bleeding must exit the field. All clothes and body must be free of blood before returning to the field for play.
17. Red Cards:
One (1) game suspension minimum with option for more, as determined by NYC League Commissioner.
Player must leave the field of play, but is allowed to stay within grounds so long as their conduct is appropriate.
Offending Team will play a player down for the remainder of the match
Maximum of 9 substitutes, unlimited substitutions
Must enter field from mid-line
Referee must approve substitution
Any stoppage in play a substitution may be made
19. A Goal CAN be scored directly from kick-off
20. Shin guards ARE required. Mini shin guards are NOT permitted
21. Zero-Tolerance policy for fighting.
Your actions will result in game suspension and may result in police involvement as well as extended suspension from the league.
22. Team captains are responsible for the conduct of their team
23. All games are on artificial turf.
Cleats or Flat shoes are allowed. Games will be played RAIN or SHINE, unless notified otherwise. Cancellations by the league will be made no later than 5pm on the day of the games and team captains will be notified.
Cancellations made after 5pm will be made at the referees discretion.
We will issue pro-rated refunds if we shorten a season more than 2 games due to inclement weather. All refunds will be made at the discretion of I PLAY FOR NYC. Games will be rescheduled if allowed by facility.